Saturday, May 20, 2017

OPEN DECLARATION




Where do I start from?
Just how do I tell the tale of my transformation?
It all began with a decision
A decision to love irrespective.


He knew me long before I realized his existence
Watched me when I was barely conscious of his shadow
Conquered many to make me a victor
How ignorant I was!

All it took was a second
For the scales to fall off
A split second for the perfect division of the veil
Paving way for the beautiful beam of salvation to light my dark!

I still do not understand
His absolute understanding of time
I had no idea my heart cry was deafening
That he came running before I called for help

How could I have been so blind?
To behold the beauty of his holiness
Where did I focus the attention of my eyes?   
That I did not see the sincerity of his love

I never reciprocated his love
Yet his feelings grew stronger
I overlooked his strong passion
Still he did not stop coming for my heart

In profession of his love,
My King put away his grandeur
For my sake he gushed water and blood
Words will never qualify and quantify the magnitude of this sacrifice

Too well I know my love will never supercede his
I am exceedingly sure what I call love is more or less a sacrilege
However, he is quick to embrace me
Because he alone knows my sincere desire for him

Over and over I betray him
Time and time again I choose unfaithfulness
I can't help but lust after his abominations
Drowning deeper in the iniquity of my flesh

That doesn't keep him away
No! No depth could contain his mercy
Rather he would order my steps through the works of the Spirit of Truth
And empower me when weakness overwhelms

This is no display of writing skills
But an open declaration of the Messiah's love
Gazillion others know and share this feeling
A fool I will be to regard them as my rival

Inexplicable joy I experience
Knowing I share the love of my life with multiple souls
Greater joy I feel
When I see saints relentlessly pursuing the heart of the father

My life is and will be a daily proclamation of your love
Consistently winning souls for your kingdom
Day after day, the Holy Spirit and I
Ceaselessly claiming territoriality over the kingdom of darkness 

I will remain unfazed in the trials
Your breathtaking silent whispers bring indescribable comfort
Gold and shiny pieces will not birth in me temptation
Your kingdom is an heavenly mine

Man can not woo me from you
You are the complete package of the perfect prince charming
More than proud am I to say
I am eternally souled out to you

These promises I make are beyond my strength
Nonetheless, confident I remain
I have been honoured with your grace
The spirit of fear resides not in me

Since I knew the Bible story
My first love you have been
Even now
Your love comes before all

It's easier to say I will wait for you without waiting
Here and now the decision I have made
To wait with my body, soul and spirit
For your glorious coming at a time I know not.

FOREVER YOURS,
XX.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful...I so declare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful. I really hope you and others in the body enjoy His love till the marriage supper. And I hope God gives us the grace to keep waiting in perilous and happy times. Also, won't you keep writing? You've not posted in a while now.

    ReplyDelete