Tuesday, March 12, 2019

REST





So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. HEBREWS 4:9‭-‬11, ESV. 

So we conclude that there is still a full and complete “rest” waiting for believers to experience. As we enter into God’s faith-rest life we cease from our own works, just as God celebrates his finished works and rests in them. So then we must give our all and be eager to experience this faith-rest life, so that no one falls short by following the same pattern of doubt and unbelief. HEBREWS 4:9‭-‬11, TPT.

Rest is such a beautiful reality. To be still and quiet on the inside especially when external activities are in an uproar. To find joy in the speakings of the Holy Spirit because His whispers are more than whispers, they are reverberations of life in the silence. To be satisfied even when the words of the Comforter are unworded. Rest! This product of faith is wonder to me.

I'm still unlearning and relearning. It's taking intentionality to return to the things I used to do and more intentionality to go beyond the heights I attained. In this slowness, I'm constantly reminded that I'm making progress and steady progress at that. However, the little victories and checked to-do don't change the fact there are moments I feel like a complete mess. Moments I wish I could turn back the hands of time and fix things.

That's why I have sweet Holy Spirit. He is quick to remind me that the Father is at peace with me, always bearing witness to my sonship in Christ. Then like a flood I remember all the scriptures that emphasize and reemphasize my forgiven sins, reconciliation with Abba and unchanging identity as a Son. It's in remembrance that rest finds expression. So I'm constantly chewing on the realities I'm opened to in Christ and drawing strength from the confessions because at the base and center of everything that I am in Christ is the love of the Father.

That love is the true origin of my strength. The truth that He loved me, formed me in His thoughts, made me in His image, and chose me to be called by His name before the foundation of the world is the wonder that overcomes my heart.

This post is a bit unusual as I'm not going into the details of what I learnt from withdrawing from my interactions with those closest to me because the Lord was teaching me the power of influence on a deeper level or talking about my inadequacies as a fellowship coordinator and how it's taking too long to master spiritual leadership or how I'm not as efficient as I should be as a worker in church or the recent instructions the Lord has given me and so on.

But it is special to me because I'm reminded of the truth that God's dealings with me is primarily to strengthen my love for Him. The highlight of my strength by Him is a reminder of who I am in Him and how I have the ability to continue in the path of light because light is my nature and the highlight of my weakness, a precursor to hope. A constant encouragement that there is more to me in Christ that I am yet to tap into and an emphasis on my frailty having no effect on the way He sees me because in His eyes I am justified, perfect and the embodiment of His righteousness.

So I'm resting and resting in His love. Following His leadings slowly and steadily even when I don't understand, especially when I don't understand, because most of the things He is leading me to in this season I don't understand. But I'm resting because He cares for all of me even the allergic reaction on my skin that I found out from Google some hours ago to be shingles. He cares! He cares about my project and helped me and the other supervisées under my supervisor find favour when we didn't meet up to yesterday's deadline. He cares about my productivity at work and the other things He has commissioned me to do. He cares for me, He is proud of me and He would never hesitate to pacify me when the littlest of things like allergic reaction fill my entire body with goosebumps because I'm irritated and don't understand why I should suffer such reaction.

I'm resting (and will always rest) in my Father's love and it's overflowing in me leaving behind a signature of peace and joy in all my dealings. I'm resting because I know beyond doubts that I am my Father's son and He is my Father.

Rest.


M A N D A T E : Pay heed to every word the Lord speaks about you in scripture and your soul would find rest in His love.

2 comments:

  1. It really takes intentionality. Thank God for rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. This is so beautiful and so timely. Just what i need for my season. Rest. I am the father's son and He is my father

    ReplyDelete